Sunday 8 May 2011

C25k Week 3, Day 1

This is a bit late, but I completed Day 1 of Week 3 on Thursday. I ran home from work, and the three minute runs were nowhere near as scary as I expected. I actually enjoyed them. They wore me out a bit but I know three weeks ago I probably wouldn't have been able to run for three minutes without collapsing. I hated running and now I'm beginning to look forward to it. I think some kind of alien has invaded and taken over my body - who is this person??

I tried the Vanilla flavoured Impact Whey Protein shake on Thursday morning. The 25g sample mixed with 200ml of semi-skimmed milk was not enough to keep me going until lunch but I think it will be a good addition to a healthy breakfast, especially if I have just been running (in the morning on a weekend, for example, since I don't have time to do that during the week). The vanilla flavour tasted like melted ice cream. It was very sweet, but I would probably have it again because honestly, I kind of expected it to taste like drinking sawdust. I was pleasantly surprised!

It was a rough weekend. I try to plan, and then throw it out the window when around friends or when presented with food I really enjoy. I am back on track today though, and I think this time I am going to finally lose the last few pounds I've been holding on to. Instead of just accepting that it will be a high calorie weekend I let it be one night of barbecue food and alcohol, and today is a new day! This is something I really struggled with before so I am pleased with myself, even if my stomach is still a bit nauseous from all the sangria and peach schnapps!

Photo from MyProtein.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment