Saturday 16 April 2011

Couch to 5k Commitment

Tomorrow I am going to do Week 1, Day 1 of the Couch to 5k program.

There. Now that I've said it, I have to do it!

I am not the running sort and frequently came up with excuses to get out of it while in school, so why I actually started c25k last year is still a bit of a mystery to me. I went on holiday and so didn't get very far into the program, but it's stuck with me and I want to see it through this time. As I mentioned in the welcome message for this blog, I hate the repetitive nature and strict regime some people put themselves under when it comes to losing weight and keeping in shape. I like to switch it up and challenge myself, and perhaps stepping that far (and trust me, it is far) out of my comfort zone is what I need. I rarely stick with any one exercise routine for very long!

For example:
Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred - 10 days (give or take, multiple attempts)
100 Pushups Challenge - 2 days
C25k, First Attempt - 2 weeks
Stepping Machine - 6 months (this one was pretty consistent, actually!)
Pilates - 4 weeks, on my bedroom floor
Yoga - about 3 sessions, also on my bedroom floor
The New Rules of Lifting for Women - 2 weeks

I like to try everything, but I get bored easily. I have never had a gym membership and am unlikely to ever get one. The only thing I have ever done regularly, and still do on a daily basis, is walk. And this could be considered the most boring exercise of all, really, but it gets me where I need to go!

So yes, tomorrow: Day 1, Week 1 of the C25k. I anticipate a very red, sweaty face and a laughing boyfriend but I'll git 'er dun!

No comments:

Post a Comment